Breaking

Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Masego on Self-Care and Creating a Sonic Getaway With His New EP

He’s upped the ante on self-care amid the pandemic, too. “I really fell in love with podcasts. I listen to them every day,” he says—Joe Budden’s, to be specific. The episodes have accompanied him on his habitual motorcycle rides. “These two activities really made it a lot easier to get through quarantine. I’m real simple. I’m not that fancy. I didn’t get new tattoos or anything,” he chuckles. “I’m just spending time outside when I can.” The simplicity carries through to his much-asked-about skin-care routine. Opting for a natural approach, Masego reaches for Shea butter, witch hazel toners, in-shower tea tree aromatherapy, and an aloe-vera-based cleanser. He’s also made a habit of watching YouTube videos of those with “dope skin,” with beauty guru Rahel Brhane as one favorite.

Masego hopes his album will provide a getaway and a reminder of the richness of travel at a time when so many people are homebound. “Travel will unlock something in you,” he says. He means it locally, too. The roads of Los Angeles have provided him a new perspective during the pandemic. “By me just getting on my bike and riding for a few miles, affects me in a way that I feel like I wouldn’t have had if I was just in my house, on the internet all day,” he says. “So any form of travel you can afford, do that.” Whether it’s a walk around the block or a drive along the coast, just bring the right music. 

Image may contain Clothing Apparel Coat Human Person and Raincoat
Photo: Courtesy of John Marquez

The post Masego on Self-Care and Creating a Sonic Getaway With His New EP appeared first on Honk Magazine.



from Honk Magazine https://ift.tt/2Ip1pA6
via gqrds

No comments:

Post a Comment