Breaking

Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Abby Dallas Shares Her Desire to be One of the Top Performers of All Time

This week we had a conversation with Abby Dallas and she was kind enough to share how her journey through the music industry has been, she also talked about how she has won numerous performance awards from her tender age. This top-notch artist has proven herself to be the best at what she does countless times. Her main objective is to dominate and keep surprising her fans with the combination of fashionable and authoritative hit songs. Check out the interview below and let us know what you think in the comment section below.

Let’s start off by introducing yourself, you know the basics like name, age, and where you’re from. As much or little as you’re comfortable sharing.

Abby: My name is Abbygaye Dallas, my artist name is Abby Dallas. I am a reggae/dancehall artist. I was Born in Kingston, Jamaica, I grew up in Portmore, where I attended the Bridge Port High School. At a tender age, I was exposed to music through my Church, School and Jamaica Cultural Development Commission (JCDC) Sponsored Events. I have won various awards such as Outstanding Vocal Talent by the JCDC, Most Outstanding Soloist (2005), Best Female Pop Singer (2005), and Most Outstanding Junior Vocalist (2005). I got a scholarship as well from JCDC (Jamaica Cultural Development Commission) to study music at the Enda Manley College of the visual and performing Arts. In 2012  I won the JCDC song festival competition for Jamaica 50 with a song titled Real Born Jamaican.  I was the youngest and the third woman to have won this title. 

In 2013, I released two songs: From My Heart, and Extraordinary (I am that Girl). These two songs showed my vocal range and versatility. In 2015 I  released the single “He’s JUST Not Into You”. I continued releasing songs such as Gold Digger, YOUR LOVE, RudeBoy Loving, Poppy Show, One And Only, etc. I have toured the world with artists like Diana King, Tanya Stephens, and Queen Ifrika. I have performed at shows like Best of the Best, performed at the Campaign tour for New York Mayor Eric Adams, Jazz festival, Sting, Rebel Salute, and Saint International Fashion Block.

What’s the best advice you ever received concerning music?

Abby: Never stop believing in myself and my dreams. 

 

What keeps you going when things get tough in the music industry?

Abby: God and my fans love.

 

What would you have done differently if you knew then what you know now?

Abby: To be honest I wouldn’t do anything differently because I believe everything that I have faced and overcome is a lesson learned and has made me the woman I am today.

 

What is still your biggest challenge?

Abby: My biggest challenge in this music business is getting my music to be heard worldwide. 

 

If you could go open a show for any artist who would it be?

Abby: Beyonce.

 

Talk me through your creative process.

Abby: I honestly don’t have a set creative process. I just work with how I’m feeling sometimes or I may use what I’m seeing on social media or in my friends’ situations. 

 

How do you solve productivity/scheduling problems and reduce overwhelming situations?

Abby: I solve productivity by ensuring that whatever music I put out is always of good quality. As for scheduling problems and overwhelming situations, it’s always best to have good management to avoid those kinds of problems.

 

What are you focusing your time on now?

Abby: I have been mostly writing, recording, and getting ready to put out some new music.

 

How do you currently feel about the state of “Your genre” in general?

Abby: Reggae and dancehall are loved globally. And having traveled the world I have seen the love the world has for Reggae and dancehall.

How can our readers follow you online?

Abby:

Instagram

Facebook

YouTube

Tiktok

Abby Dallas Spotify.

The post Abby Dallas Shares Her Desire to be One of the Top Performers of All Time appeared first on Honk Magazine.



from Honk Magazine https://ift.tt/OR3Ff4U
via gqrds

No comments:

Post a Comment