Breaking

Saturday, January 16, 2021

On the Eve of Prada Menswear, an Interview With Miuccia Prada’s New Co-Creative Director Raf Simons

RS: “I was also thinking about the secondary market around some of my garments which is going crazy and making me really wonder. What should I think about my Riot Riot Riot camo bomber from 2001 being bought for almost $50,000? It’s absurd!”

One thing that Raf has learned from Miuccia is that it’s never too late to start again.

RS: “Working with Miuccia made me realize that you can be even more open—to the point where you can get an idea a few hours before the show and if it’s possible to realize it, it’ll be executed. I thought my brand was extreme in this way of operating, but I found a very good match with Prada…”

Raf believes there are four key ingredients for sustaining “a young mind, no matter the person’s age.”

RS: “Speed, scale, openness, awareness, and harmony.”

Especially enlightening is this conversation’s unwrapping of Simons’s sense of himself as a “bridge,” whose work and references create the potential to catalyze “an aesthetic reaction to the system.” Rejecting the suggestion that he is an influencer, he ascribes himself a role both more passive and profound. This latest addition to the repository of Raf Simons writings is published in full here.

Prada spring 2021


Photo: Courtesy of Prada

Photo: Courtesy of Prada

Prada spring 2021


Photo: Courtesy of Prada

Photo: Courtesy of Prada

The post On the Eve of Prada Menswear, an Interview With Miuccia Prada’s New Co-Creative Director Raf Simons appeared first on Honk Magazine.



from Honk Magazine https://ift.tt/2XSQItT
via gqrds

No comments:

Post a Comment