Breaking

Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Vogue Editors Share Their Favorite Hometown Stores to Shop for the Holidays

Daunt Books is a truly magical shop on the equally charming Marylebone High Street in my hometown of London. Thankfully their website is easy to traverse and gives wonderful recommendations, like Brandon Taylor’s debut novel that is shortlisted for The Booker Prize.

Real Life paperback book

$14

DAUNT BOOKS

Mai Morsch, Associate Market Editor

Little Barn Apothecary, Chicago, IL

Everytime I travel back home to Chicago, I inevitably end up at Little Barn Apothecary. Founded by Joshua Morgan and Brad Scoggins, everything in the shop is not only luxurious, but also ethically made and totally natural. I always leave their charming store with the Honeysuckle and Grapefruit Body Oil, which I go through embarrassingly quickly, and the Coffee and Mint Exfoliating Scrub—the scent is addicting, especially for a caffeine fiend like myself!

Little Barn Apothecary coffee and mint exfoliating body scrub

$38

LITTLE BARN APOTHECARY

Little Barn Apothecary honeysuckle and grapefruit body oil

$42

LITTLE BARN APOTHECARY

Emily Farra, Senior Fashion News Writer

James Dant, Indianapolis, Indiana

I’m obsessed with James Dant, a menswear store a friend introduced me to in downtown Indianapolis. It has a bit of a rugged, mountain-y vibe, with great flannels, selvedge denim, and leather jackets, plus excellent vintage finds and lots of brands I’ve never heard of. I’ll probably find a few gifts for my boyfriend there, but may have to do a little shopping for myself, too…

Dehen All-Star jacket

$325

JAMES DANT

Tonne Goodman, Sustainability Editor

C.O. Bigelow, New York, NY

I live in the village and have appreciated C.O. Bigelows as my pharmacy for many years. It’s a village institution and the oldest apothecary in the nation, originating in 1838. I remember when it still had a lunch counter, way back, when I was in grade school.

They have a wonderful line of their own products and my gift of choice this season is their delicious Lemon Bath & Body Care set. A true treat!

C.O. Bigelow lemon bath and body care set

$49

C.O. BIGELOW

Mijenta, Jalisco, Mexico

There is also an amazing Tequila called Mijenta that I’ve discovered. It is incredibly delicious and has a lovely story behind it. It’s a small-batch, artisanal, and sustainable tequila company from Jalisco that gives back to the community and protects the land through its harvesting and distilling process. And a woman is behind it, Ana Maria Romero!

Mijenta tequila blanco

$49

MIJENTA

Kathleen Thomas, Fashion Market Assistant

The Blue House, Bethesda, MD

This cute little store in my hometown of Bethesda has always, quite literally, been a bright spot in the neighborhood. It’s been around since I was born and has maintained its footing in an ever-changing area. It’s across the street from another staple for my family, the Tastee Diner, so popping into The Blue House on a weekend while waiting for our table was pretty expected. From cute throw blankets and pillows to every holiday need possible, they have you covered. And to help you out during these uncertain times, they even offer Facetime shopping to make sure you secure that perfect gift!

The post Vogue Editors Share Their Favorite Hometown Stores to Shop for the Holidays appeared first on Honk Magazine.



from Honk Magazine https://ift.tt/39aIGDD
via gqrds

No comments:

Post a Comment