Breaking

Monday, November 9, 2020

Bend It Like Christy. The Model and Yogi Partners With Loro Piana on a New Wellbeing Line

Christy Turlington has teamed up with Loro Piana as the Italian company launches its art of wellbeing collections for meditation, exercise, and exploration. Not your ordinary active gear, these mats, water bottles, and hand weights are wrapped in the brand’s waterproof cashmere, turning exercise routines into enjoyable tactile experiences. Turlington, a wellness pioneer who appeared on a 2002 cover of Vogue doing a bow pose, has observed the transformation of the activewear industry, and was drawn to the quality and design of the Loro Piana products. Here, she recounts how she was first introduced to yoga, the tools it has given her for everyday life, and her thoughts on leisurewear.

How did you first discover yoga?
I started practicing yoga around the age of 18, so pretty early. I grew up in Northern California, not necessarily in any kind of hippie culture, but it was not a foreign idea for people to practice yoga. My family didn’t necessarily, but I was familiar with the practice of yoga growing up. [And then I had] my first serious boyfriend, who really offered no other positive things in life other than he had a steady yoga practice. And so I have to be grateful for that. I’m sure I would have found it anyway, but meeting him when I was 18 and very impressionable, [and] to have discovered [yoga at the] beginning of working full-time as a model and sort of upping the pace of travel and just the general frenetic pace of the industry, it really gave me so many tools that I have continued many, many years later to call upon whenever I need them.

The post Bend It Like Christy. The Model and Yogi Partners With Loro Piana on a New Wellbeing Line appeared first on Honk Magazine.



from Honk Magazine https://ift.tt/36nBMrN
via gqrds

No comments:

Post a Comment