Breaking

Monday, October 26, 2020

Meet Upcoming Fashion Designer Kendrick Sugar

Exclusive Interview with Kendrick Sugar

 

What is your name?

Kendrick Sugar

What is the name of your business?

Trinx Los Angeles

What is your professional title?

Design Director

What industry are you in?

Fashion

Where are you from? (City/State)

Inglewood, California

Why did you create your business?

Fashion is my biggest and it is derived from who I am. My brand represents me as an individual and how people perceive me. I created this brand for those who think outside the box and not wanting to just “fit in”.

How did you come up with the name of your business? What does it mean?

TRINX is something I’ve always used which means hidden talent/sneaky. TRINX is knowing you’re good at something that others dont know about.

What is your business tag line/motto/slogan?

#TRINX; “What’s your talent?”; “Fashionable Society”

How does your business help people?

My business helps people because it gives them the confidence to look and feel. Good because people admire my style.

How long have you been in this business?

I’ve been into fashion since I was a young child, and I’ve always been heavy in the shoe game, however, I decided to start my own brand about a year and a half ago.

 

Is your product/service expensive? Can everyone afford it? Do you have an option for everyone?

It’s not expensive, it’s definitely affordable and yes I do have options for everyone because I carry all sorts of different items from hoody’s, to shirts, accessories, etc.

With so many people jumping into your industry, do you feel any pressure to compete? Why or why not?

I don’t feel any pressure to compete at all because my creative mindset is what separates me from everyone else.

I feel like TRINX is a brand that’s different. I’m doing something that no one else is doing. I’m not just putting my name on a shirt and calling it a clothing line, I actually take time and design my graphics.

How do you plan on growing your business?

That’s a tough one…but i plan to grow my business through the youth. The youth is imports at because they are influential and they will still be here when we are not and they will keep the fashion going. The youth make people want to stay young and vibrant. The Youth is the future.

Do you have a team? If so, how did you build it?

Yes, I have a small team… a collective few trustworthy people that I’ve been dealing with for years.

Have you experienced failures, if so what did you learn from them?

I don’t believe in failure, it’s all a learning experience at the end of the day. Have I tried something and it didn’t work out? Yes… How did I learn from it? I was relentless and kept going.

You have so much confidence in your business/craft. Where did this confidence come from?

I have always been confident throughout my entire life, thanks to my Mom. She always pushed me and instilled that in me.

What do you think it takes to be successful in this business?

I think it takes perseverance,confidence, and not expecting everything to go your way your first few years in this industry. You also have to come different each and every time plain and simple and always know there is someone else trying to take your spot everyday. You have to push yourself to be great 24/7.

Do you feel it’s hard to be taken seriously in this industry?

Yes and No, only because I feel like nobody wants to be known as a ‘used to be” .You have to work hard to stay relevant so you have to earn your stripes to be taken seriously in this industry.

The post Meet Upcoming Fashion Designer Kendrick Sugar appeared first on Honk Magazine.



from Honk Magazine https://ift.tt/35A3KQK
via gqrds

No comments:

Post a Comment